A process improvement specialist serves as a consultant to a business or organization, evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in business processes and practices.
Other aspects of process improvement can include team building and group facilitation, compiling and tracking data, and preparing training materials.
A process improvement specialist has to be well trained in hardware and software applications.
Consulting services engagement will organize work teams and process flows to be clearly structured with goals that are precisely defined.
Process Improvement is accomplished by:
- Defining the process (how it is done now)
- Measuring process performance (establishing a base line)
- Stabilizing the process (removing variation)
- Improving the process (how it should be done)
- Ensuring that process is maintained through measurement and management